Starter Pack (Garlic Grower's Pack)
If you are looking for high-quality Hardneck Garlic, try out Starter Pack. This is exceptional garlic for baking, cooking, eating raw (or planting). Your Starter Pack contains either a quarter (1/4) or half-pound (1/2 lb) of beautiful garlic cloves, ready for eating (or planting). Once you grow your own home-grown garlic, you won't be satisfied with supermarket varieties. Give it a try. Now is the time.
Easy steps for a bumper crop of garlic
1. Order your Garlic Seeds.
2. Prepare the soil.
3. Plant. Place the cloves at least 6 inches apart in a furrow. Hold each clove pointed end up, and push it into the soil about 2 inches deep.
4. Fertilize and water. Fertilize a few times during the growing season; Once early in April, and again in May. Try a solution of liquid kelp and fish emulsion.
5. Harvest in late July or early August when the plants have five or six green leaves, and three or four that are beginning to turn brown near the bottom of the plant.
6. Don't rush! Be sure to cure your garlic in preparation for storage, hang the bare bulbs with their foliage in bundles or spread them out on a rack or vented surface. Clean the dirt off the garlic, being careful not the bruise the head. Do not remove too much of the protective, papery skins.
7. After two or three weeks, trim the stem from the head. In other words, cut the hardneck stem from the bulb, about an inch or two above the head. Trim the roots to a quarter inch.
8. Store garlic bulbs in a cool, dark place for long-term storage.
BOTANICAL NAME: Allium sativum subs. ophioscorodon
LIFE CYCLE: Annual
GARLIC TYPE: Hardneck
DAYS TO MATURITY: 240-280 days
Quantities are limited; order early for best availability.
PLEASE READ: We do not ship garlic to Idaho, Canada, Hawaii, Guam, or the Virgin Islands.