Yellowstone Garlic was introduced in 2014. We've been growing it ever since. Yellowstone is porcelain garlic that is plump with large cloves. The cloves have subtle yellow color, similar to the color of Sauvignon blanc wine. Raw, this garlic is hot! When roasted with olive oil, it has a beautiful, buttery flavor.
Yellowstone Garlic is grown in the foothills of the Hyalite Mountains, not far from Yellowstone National Park.
- Expect 3-7 large, with easy-to-peel cloves per bulb.
- The Bulbs and Cloves are large!
- Yellowstone has an authentic Garlic Flavor. Hot, Hot, Hot.
- Assume Thermals, Old Faithful, Geyers. Yellowstone has heat!
- Roast Yellowstone, and it has a buttery-garlic flavor.
- Yellowstone Garlic is the perfect choice for making Black Garlic (Black garlic is a type of aged garlic that is colored deep black color and tastes like garlic candy).
- Easy-to-grow and very cold-hardy.
Resistant to disease. Clove skins are very thick and the cloves have a creamy-yellow appearance. Use larger Cloves as seed garlic. Ready for Planting. Use smaller cloves for Culinary. Though there is no right answer here.
Substitute: Music, Montana Zemo and Ivan.
GroEat Garlic is shipped beginning in September, depending on the season and the variety. Quantities are limited; order early for best availability. Sorry, not available in Idaho or Canada.
Yellowstone is a garlic planted in the fall, soon after the first frost and a few weeks before the first hard frost. The seed garlic bulbs should be taken apart into separate cloves not long before planting. Hardneck garlic requires vernalization (exposure to a period of cold temperatures) before or after planting. Plant cloves two inches deep, the pointed side up. Garlic does best with loose soil with very good drainage and a pH of 7.0 optimum. Plant in an area with full sun exposure.
BOTANICAL NAME: Allium sativum
DAYS TO MATURITY: 270
BREED: Heirloom, Open-pollinated
GARLIC TYPE: Hardneck
GARLIC HARDNECK TYPE: Porcelain
Quantities are limited; order early for best availability.
PLEASE READ: We do not ship garlic to Idaho, Canada, Guam, or the Virgin Islands.